Friday, April 16, 2021

I Write

I write to stay alive and survive when the thoughts in my head make me wish  I were dead,

I write to relieve and to breathe when life is not fair and the pain is sucking all my air,

I write to know, to understand and to grow when conflicting emotions are confusing my loyalties and devotions,

I write for me and to give my words a place to express free when there is doubt I can trust anyone to let me talk it all out,

I write to dream because as free as I seem there is a huge wall holding me captive and keeping me small,

I write to feel because the numbness is very real when I know what I know and I still cant let go,

I write just because and to relive what once was when the present Im living is no longer pleasant,

I write for you to arouse an emotion or two with passionate poetry with hopes you will dote on me,

I write because that is what I do, for me to know me and for you to know me too,

writing is the most honest thing I do and it is truly my pleasure to share it with you.