Friday, April 23, 2021

I don't move like you do 9/9/20

While you are out here trying to make yourself a name

and running around still playing teenager games

I'm out here being grown.

Everything I have got I have got on my own.

I make sure the kids and I have everything we need.

I don't live my life based on greed.

But know this, just because I don't move like you do

That doesn't mean I don't make a move or two.

You have your schedule and I have mine.

When I am ready, remember, you stepped out of line.

I didn't know the friendship wasn't real.

My desire is more mental which makes the fire more surreal.

Embers need to be fanned lightly to burn higher

Too much oxygen, too fast, puts out the fire.

I know, life is short and we never know what tomorrow brings.

You don't get what you want by forcing the song bird who isn't ready to spread her wings