Saturday, September 22, 2012

Rainbows after the Storm

I can feel the rain on my face
I can feel the wind whip my hair
The sun may seem out of place
As I step out into the afternoon air
I can see the sun in the sky
As the grey clouds pass on by
It's just a brief thunder shower
The fall weather changes hour by hour
Just like my life after a storm
A smile back on my face and back to the norm
And just like when I dry my eyes
The sun comes out and dries the skies
A promising smile is like a rainbow
The golden warmth of the sun my halo
Darkeness always becomes  light
The Day always follows night
Every storm comes to an end
The sun through tears has a rainbow to bend
And in every poem I have penned
Begins the healing for my heart to mend
No matter the saddness or the pain
And even though I feel the rain
I can see the sunlight in the sky
I dont let the rainbows in life pass me by.